Spring is in the air at Ooh La La Challenge Blog

It's time for a new challenge over on Ooh La La Challenge blog and it is my turn to choose the theme. I've gone for "Spring is in the Air" as hopefully it is! With all the lovely spring flowers blooming.

For my DT card I took strips of paper and after laying them on a piece of card I applied different blue shades of acrylic paint to give the effect of a wooden panel. This is then picked up in the image I've used from the Shawn Jenkins Collection cdrom - all the images I've used come from the Garden Shelf section of the cdrom. I've finished it off with a few die cuts.

Thanks for looking and I do hope you will join us in the challenge.

Comments

meg said…
The perfect card to show Spring chores, I'm ready to plant some seeds and have the wheelbarrow out.
julie_woolston said…
Beautiful card Lynn, lovely design.
Hugs Julie xxx
Barb said…
It looks great Lynn. I really like your woodgrain effect and the colours are lovely. Barbxx
Wynn said…
Clever idea to paint your background....it looks realistic. Lovely image too. Hugs Wynn xx
Merry said…
Clever way to create a background, lovely card.
cotnob said…
A lovely card Lynn, such a pretty image and great design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x
Juls said…
Fun card xx
Sarn said…
Love your leafy card.

But . . . WOW . . . your photo's of Japan are fascinating - I was quite absorbed by them. What an amazing experience.

Hugs, Sarn xxx